skip to Main Content
+91-(20) 25535095

You should have known that when you inherit a property you would need to also get the succession certificate. There are some relevant laws that you can find in India related with this kind of certification. This kind of certificate is used to let people know that you are the real inheritance of some properties in case of the previous possessor passed away. The properties are not only the building, but also some other things such as the moveable assets that you can get at the bank and also the deposits. You need to also realize that bank will not give you anything unless you are the real inheritance written on the will of the passed away.

The Case of Moveable Properties

If you are the real inheritance but the passed away does not give any will over your name, you can also try to take this matter to the court to get your right. However, that will not be an easy matter since there are some things that you need to do if you want to take this matter to the court. As the result, you might need to get the lawyers from that can help you with this kind of need.

The first thing that you need to do is preparing the succession certificate that will be filed to the court. The files will be used to determine if you are the legal successor or not. Once all of the documents are checked as the legitimate documents, you will need to wait for some times until the assets of the passed away were transferred into your name.

The Case of Immovable Properties

When the properties are immovable, you will only need to make sure that you get your name as the authentic and original ownership or possessor of the immovable properties. For this kind of property transfer, there is a legal system that you need to follow to make sure that you are getting the name over the property legally. As an addition to that, this kind of property transfer is not something that you have to do when the previous possessor passed away. It can be done while the previous possessor is still alive using the system of gift deed.

The problem usually comes when the descended of the property is an NRI. That is because the distance can be a problem that you have to deal as an NRI. As an addition to that, the fact that they know that there is a small piece of property that might belong to them, as the NRI is not a good condition at all. That is because without the will you have to face a hard time in getting your right. That is one reason why you need the expert on this kind of problem since there are a lot of procedures that you have to follow if you want to get your right over the property. Even though the procedures are considerably hard to follow, it is still possible for you to get your right.